Concordia issues warning after two students sexually assaulted

Concordia University issued a public safety warning on Monday after learning that two of its students reported they were lured off campus by fake Instagram invitations and then drugged and sexually assaulted.

The unsolicited social media invitation targeting students promised professional development opportunities and lured the victims to a location for a meeting.

Montreal police have been informed and are investigating, the university said in its safety warning sent by email to its 45,000 undergraduate and graduate students and posted on the university’s website.

“Those are the two cases that we were made aware of,” university spokesperson Mary-Jo Barr said on Monday. 

One of the incidents occurred during the winter earlier this year, while the other reported incident occurred in September, she said.

The university administration only learned of the incidents last week when the…

Original published: 2017-11-14 00:38:06 Read the full Montreal News here


Some local news is curated - Original might have been posted at a different date/ time! Click the source link for details.

Leave a Reply